This graph indicates the actual treasury workstation implementation duration (in months) for organization that purchased a treasury workstation. Overall, the average treasury workstation implementation time was 7.51 months.
For smaller organizations (<$250 Million in Revenue) the time to implement a treasury workstation was elevated (8.33 months) primarily because those companies typically do not yet have a treasury department. There may be one or two people in the Controller's group who are responsible for implementing treasury technology leading to a longer implementation duration.
For organizations between $250 Million - $5 Billion in revenue there is a reduced implementation duration (5.86 and 5.76, respectively). Our options as to why this group is able to implement a treasury workstation more efficiently are:
- Typically, these organization have a dedicated treasury department with knowledgeable personnel.
- Generally, these organization have not yet had the need for extremely complex treasury management structures and services.
- Many of these organizations are interested in SaaS / Hosted treasury workstations that can be setup and distributed rather quickly.
Finally, organizations that have greater than $5 Billion in revenue tend to have an extended treasury workstation implementation duration of 10.75 months. Our opinion as to why this group has a longer treasury workstation implementation duration is:
- Large organizations tend to have an exponential growth in treasury management complexity.
- Large organizations generally have a larger scope of treasury management functions (FX, Insurance, Inter-Company Banking, Investor Relations, etc.).
- Large organizations generally have more bank relationships, bank services and bank accounts.
Relevant TreaSolution Services:
Treasury Benchmarking Reports
Treasury Workstation Selection (RFP)
Treasury Workstation Implementation
Treasury Intelligence Reports (FI's)
Did you find this information interesting? If so, others will too! Please feel free to share this page on social media by clicking the buttons below: